Grounds Team Worker
SCP 13-17 (£ 22,627 - £ 24,491 )
Team workers will work directly for the Grounds Maintenance Manager to deliver services across Grounds, Parks and Waste Management for the Parish to demonstrate value for money and customer-focused service.
- Grassed areas mowing using a combination of tractor and gang mower, small tractor mower and powered hand tools.
- Hedge cutting using a combination of tractor mounted attachments (side arm flail) and power hand tools.
- Light pruning of trees (lower branches only) as required.
- Shrub bed maintenance using a combination of tractor mounted attachments, power hand tools and manual labour.
- Weekly Litter and Dog Waste bin emptying and disposal using a flat bed or similar vans.
- Children’s Play Park inspections, maintenance, and repairs to be carried out weekly.
- Children’s Play Park and Playing Fields clearing and cleaning.
- Maintain a high standard of street cleaning and husbandry activities.
- Waste cleaning removal activities including the safe removal of broken glass and hypodermic needles.
- Roadside, cycle path and footpath sweeping and cleaning.
- Leaf blowing and clearing.
- Fencing repairs plus installation of new street furniture (bins, benches etc).
- Other outdoor manual labour activities as requested by the Grounds Manager.
- Removal of dead animals.
- Removal of fly-tipping as appropriate (large items to be reported to SBC).
- Removal of graffiti (excluding highways).
- Drive and be responsible for allocated vehicles (including vehicle checks) and equipment, cleaning, basic maintenance, refuelling and washing duties as needed.
- Appropriate use of herbicides and pesticides
- General administration required within the role i.e. mileage logs, waste disposal tickets etc.
- General cleaning tasks within the scope of the overall “Service”.
- Work in accordance with training, instructions, and health & safety policies to ensure proper care is taken in carrying out duties so as not to endanger yourself or others at work.
- Report any risks or hazardous situations immediately including accidents and near misses with vehicles and equipment.
In order to provide maximum flexibility and utilisation of staff, all team members will be trained and expected to cover all aspects of the service. As a newly formed team, we are keen to encourage suggestions for improvements to service delivery, planting schemes, better use of resource including what work is carried out in-house etc.
- Hold a full driving licence.
- Be licenced to drive vehicles up to 3.5 T including tractors and powered mowing equipment (full training provided).
- Commit to safe working practices and wear the mandated and appropriate PPE (supplied) for the task being performed, as determined by the supervisor.
- Be able to work within a team, reacting to dynamically changing priories set by the Council and Supervisor.
- Engage in a culture of continuous improvement and customer focussed service delivery.
- Be willing to proactively identify issues and highlight replanting ideas and report or discuss accordingly.
- Be able to directly interface with the public in a positive, approachable, and friendly manner.
- Be willing to work outside in all but the most severe of weather conditions to maintain the schedule of the “Service”. Protective equipment will be supplied for foul weather.
Workers will be expected to work outside mostly in all but the most severe of weather to maintain the schedule of the “Service”. Foul weather and protective equipment will be supplied.
There will be an initial 3-month assessment period followed by a formal review where both parties will be able to terminate the contract if the applicant/role is found to be not suitable.
Mandatory Requirements (all):
- Previous recent and relevant experience working within a team delivering Grounds, Parks and Waste Management Services, or a similar work environment.
- Positive and proactive work ethic.
- Able to work as a team player.
Applicants CV must include their authorised Driving Licence Vehicle classes (Vehicles fully licenced to drive) plus any penalties or restrictions that are in force, as well as any relevant experience working in a similar environment in the past.
Applications must be submitted by Friday 1st October to be considered for this role.
Interested applicants should submit their application letter and CV along with completed privacy notice (which can be downloaded below) direct to: email@example.com