Published Nov. 24, 2021, 11:46 a.m.
St Andrews Parish Council has a vacancy to join our Community Centre Team
CARETAKER/CLEANER - Flexible
The position will suit part time employment and will require flexibility in working hours and this will include weekend, evenings and some holiday cover.
The main duties are to open and close the Redhouse Community Centre, clean and ensure the centre is safe and secure for users. No specific experience is required, but applicants must be reliable, flexible, have excellent attention to detail and be able to communicate effectively with the public who use the halls.
Salary: £10.50 per hour (if required, the candidate can access the Local Government Pension Scheme)
How to apply: Please contact the Centre Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Caretaker / Cleaner - flexible
Objective: To maintain a clean, safe and inviting environment to the highest standard for visitors to our family focused Community Centre. To report to the Centre Manager to ensure the smooth, effective & efficient running of the Community Centre and all associated services. To actively promote the interests of the Centre at all times. To welcome hirers and users with a smile.
Requirements: A customer focused, friendly, people person. Experience of cleaning, manual handling, knowledge and understanding of health and safety, COSHH and risk assessment are essential, as well as an awareness of security issues.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* To clean the Community Centre at the end of shift.
* To ensure the interior and exterior of the building and grounds are maintained to a very high standard.
* To assist as instructed in the day to day running of the Community Centre.
* To display a can do, approachable and helpful attitude and be on hand for any queries hirers or users may have.
* To be responsible for the secure closing of the Community Centre, ensuring that windows are closed & doors are locked at the end of the day. Correct alarm procedure must be adhered to at all times.
* Ensuring that Health & Safety issues and licensing requirements are strictly adhered to.
* Operation of all emergency procedures & building maintenance i.e. fire alarm, emergency lighting and heating system.
* Assist with preparation of rooms for hirers use where necessary.
* To deal with any other matter which would facilitate the smooth running of the Community Centre, or as may reasonably be required by the Manager or Parish Council.
The successful candidate will be hard working, organised, reliable and flexible. You will be smart in appearance, as you will be dealing with members of the public during every shift. You will have a positive, friendly attitude and calm disposition. You must have, or be prepared to undertake a DBS check.