St Andrews Parish Council (Swindon) are looking for a proactive, experienced and capable team leader / supervisor to manage a team of 4 workers and a number of vehicles and equipment to deliver a “Gold” standard Grounds, Parks and Waste Management Service for the Parish Council.
The supervisor will be directly responsible and accountable for all aspects of the “Service” including:
- Management of the overall “Service” within the budget set by the Council.
- Management of staff availability, ensuring all “Service” tasks are fully covered and completed to schedule.
- Management of staff Recruitment, Discipline and Training.
- Management of the use of vehicles and equipment within lease hire (mileage and damage) and insurance conditions.
- Management of vehicle and equipment service and maintenance contracts.
- Manage vehicle and equipment inspections, maintenance and repairs to maintain the task schedule.
- Management of all Health and Safety requirements for themselves and the workforce.
- Directly interfacing with the public, taking calls and emails etc regarding issues that need the attention of the Service.
- Recording, logging and tracking of all reported issues.
- Developing and providing reports to the council on a routine basis detailing Service performance, risks, issues and opportunities.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Work to dynamically changing priories set by the Council as well as being able to identify issues and self-task where necessary.
- Cover workforce manpower shortfalls due to holiday/sickness to enable tasks to be completed on time in line with the agreed work schedule.
- Directly Interface with the public in a positive manner and manage reported issues in line with Council and management priorities.
This is a Full-Time post and the supervisor will be required to work on site for a full 5 day week, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays (in England), in line with Parish resident’s expectations for a full weekday cover service.
There will be an initial 3-month assessment period followed by a formal review where both parties will be able to terminate the contract if the applicant/role is found to be not suitable.
Mandatory Requirements (all):
- Previous recent and relevant experience as a works Supervisor or Team Leader in a similar work environment.
- Plus, previous recent and relevant experience working within a team delivering Grounds, Parks and Waste Management Services.
- Positive and proactive management style.
Highly desirable Requirements:
- Computer literate, able to communicate via email, social media apps, and competent with Microsoft Office products.
Applications with full supporting CV must be submitted by 6th April 2020 to be considered for this role. Successful applicants will be notified by 9th April 2020 and interviews will take place between 14th – 24th April 2020. Applicants CV must detail the relevant aspects of the Mandatory Requirements listed above to be considered for interview.
Interested applicants should submit their application letter and CV along with completed privacy notice (which can be downloaded below) direct to: firstname.lastname@example.org